How do I request my case be considered for diversion?

You or your attorney may contact Diversion or the Assistant District Attorney handling your case at (985) 809-8383 and request that the file be referred to Diversion.

Must I hire an attorney in order to request my case be considered for the Diversion program

The District Attorney’s Office recommends you consult an attorney regarding your legal rights. However, you do not need to have an attorney to request or to enroll in the Diversion program. Call us directly should you want to request Diversion at (985) 809-8383 or email us at Diversion@22da.com.

What forms of payment do you accept?

We accept payment by credit and debit card.  Please contact a Diversion Case Manager for login information to pay in this manner.  We also accept Money Orders and Cashier’s Check.

To whom do I make my Money Order/Cashier’s Check payable?

For enrollment fees and monthly supervision fees, please make payments by Money Order or Cashier’s Check are to be made payable to “22nd JDC D.A.’s Office”. Payments should include your name, address, and case number. Your case manager will give you instructions on how to pay by credit card or debit card.

Payments for restitution shall be made by money order, payable to the victim. These payments need to be submitted to the Diversion Division for processing and should also include your name, address, and case number.

How do I turn in my payment?

Payments can be mailed to our Covington location or dropped off to one of our satellite offices. For information on Satellite offices, see the Contact Information tab.  Also, payments may be made online by credit or debit card.  Please contact a Diversion Case Manager for more information.

If I enroll in the Diversion Program, do I still have to go to court?

Yes. Enrollment into the Diversion Program does not waive any court appearances. As long as you are in compliance with the conditions of the program, your case will be continued. Failure to appear at any scheduled court date will result in bond forfeiture and attachment for your arrest.

If I have completed Diversion, do I still need to appear at my next court date?

You or your attorney can contact the division that is prosecuting the case to determine if you need to appear. Misdemeanor cases can contact the Misdemeanor Department. Felony cases should contact the prosecuting division. Slidell City Court cases should contact the Slidell Branch. If you have been served with a court date, you should appear in Court unless you are otherwise instructed by our Office or by the Court in writing.

Can I get an extension on my drug screen?

All drug screens are observed and are due per instructions you will receive by email or text notification. If you have an extenuating circumstance and can provide proof of injury, illness, or death in the family, you can contact the Pre-Trial Intervention Program.

If I am late on a payment, will I be penalized?

If you miss more than one payment and do not respond to our correspondence, your case can be sent back to court for prosecution.  All payments due during a given month are late only if not paid by the last day of that month, unless you are instructed otherwise.

I missed my first diversion appointment, how do I get a new one?

If you miss appointments and do not call Diversion in advance to re-schedule, your case will automatically be returned to Court.

How do I request reinstatement?

Reinstatements are rare and can be costly, as defendants must pay additional fees.

Can I get off of diversion early?

It is a condition of your Diversion to be monitored for the time period that was agreed upon at the time of enrollment.

Can I participate in the Pre-Trial Intervention Program if I live out of the jurisdiction?

Yes. However, you do have to come in to the DA’s office to enroll in the program. All conditions can be completed where you live. NOTE: You still have to appear here at the courthouse for all scheduled court dates, and conditions of your bond may prevent you from leaving the state. It is your responsibility to contact your attorney to file any motions necessary to leave the jurisdiction, should you have any restrictions relating to your bond.