You can find links to our social media at the bottom of each page of this website. Feel free to view past events, posts, photos and videos and interact with us!
Social Media Policy
Our Office participates on Social Media in order to give the community access to information about the DA’s Office and a platform by which to interact with us. Note that under Louisiana Law, we cannot post information with regard to any open or active cases.
Please read the following before posting to our Page. A comment, message, link, photo or video on this Page/Account constitutes acceptance of these terms.
Commenting – We do not allow you to initiate posts on our page, but welcome comments and opinions. We encourage you to keep your comments related to our posts. Our goal is to share ideas and information with as many individuals as possible and our policy is to accept the majority of comments made to our profile.
If you are unsure whether a comment violates our policy, or if you would like to request we post something that you deem would be beneficial for our followers and community, please contact us at email@example.com attn. Communications.
- Please do not comment on any open cases. If you do, your comment will be deleted and we will block you from future commenting;
- We will be moderating our Page and reserve the right to remove and/or block anyone or any comment that we deem inappropriate or offensive, especially repeated violations. This includes comments, links, photos or videos which contain:
- Hate Speech;
- Profanity; obscenity or vulgarity;
- Defamation to a person or people;
- Defamation to an organization;
- Name calling and/or personal attacks;
- Comments whose main purpose is to sell a product;
- Comments that infringe on copyrights;
- Spam comments, such as the same comment posted repeatedly on a profile;
- Comments that harass, stalk, threaten or violate the legal rights of others;
- Comments that have personal information about another person or that violate a person’s privacy.
- Users warrant that they own or have permission to post the information contained in their postings, including but not limited to video, photos, or digital reproductions and that no copyright or trademark infringement has taken place due to posting on this site;
- Users of this site do not retain any rights over their postings. Postings are intended for public view and any personal information posted constitutes a waiver of any rights to privacy or confidentiality;
- Postings will be archived by the DA’s Office and subject to requests for records;
- We understand that social media is a 24/7 medium; however, we do not monitor comments 24/7. We may not see every inappropriate comment right away, and we are trusting in the maturity of our community to ignore personal attacks and negative speech or respond politely.
- “Friending” between our Office and a citizen does not indicate endorsement of that person’s actions or comments.
- Accepting a “friend” request from a public official or a candidate for public office does not constitute an endorsement.
- Comments posted by others on the Facebook page of the District Attorney’s Office are not to be considered the opinion of the District Attorney’s Office; nor do we endorse any third-party comments on this page. Posted comments and images do not necessarily represent the views of the District Attorney.
- External, non-Washington Parish or St. Tammany Parish links do not constitute official endorsement on behalf of the Office of the District Attorney.
- Further, the Office of the District Attorney does not guarantee or warrant that any information posted by users on this site is correct, and disclaims any liability whatsoever for any loss or damage resulting from any reliance on such information.