Advantages of the Pre-Trial Intervention Program
The Pre-Trial Intervention Program provides the defendant an opportunity:
- For positive self-development,
- To gain awareness of the consequences of future criminal behavior,
- To avoid additional expenses as related to criminal prosecution,
- To avoid a possible criminal conviction, that could impact future employment.
- To remain in the community with limited disruption to family life and employment,
- To get supervision to aid in deterrence of future criminal behavior,
- To have his/her charge(s) refused or dismissed by the District Attorney’s Office, should he or she successfully complete the program.